21 Common 3D Modeling & CAD Interview Questions
The best way to prepare for your 3D modelling interview is to know what you're going to be asked.
Here are some of the most common questions that employers ask during a 3D modelling and CAD interview:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself.
- What is your experience with 3D modelling?
- What kinds of projects have you worked on?
- Tell me about the last major project you worked on.
- What is your favourite project you've worked on so far?
- How do you handle project management?
- What are your favourite design techniques?
- What is 3D modelling and how does it work?
- Can you explain the process of creating a 3D model?
- How would you define 3D modelling and how would it be used to create real-world objects?
- What is CAD and what is its purpose?
- How comfortable are you with using CAD software?
- What is your preferred CAD software and why?
- What is your preferred method of modelling?
- What is your favourite 3D modelling tool?
- What are some of the most challenging things you have modelled?
- What is the difference between a polygon and a vertex?
- What are some tips for creating good models?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.
- What do you like best about this position?
- Why are you interested in working here?