22 Common Information Security Interview Questions
While in a job interview for an Information Security position, you will of course have to answer questions about your experience.
Here are some examples:
- What do you think is the biggest threat to data security today? How would you combat this threat if given the chance?
- Do you have any tips on how to keep employees from being hacked by outsiders or inside threats?
- What are some ways that businesses can protect themselves against cyber attacks and phishing scams without spending too much money on expensive tools and software packages?
- How do you measure success in this position?
- What's a typical day like for a person in this position?
- How do you collaborate with other teams?
- How do you handle data breaches?
- How do you balance security with user experience?
- What made you want to specialize in information security?
- What are some of the most common mistakes companies make in terms of their security practices? How can they be avoided?
- What are the biggest challenges you've faced in this role?
- Are there any tools or practices that you find particularly helpful to your work?
- What are the biggest challenges you've faced in your current role?
- What are the most important skills for a successful information security professional?
- What are some of the challenges of working in this position?
- How would you describe your management style?
- How do you prioritize projects?
- What is your process for updating software and systems when new vulnerabilities are discovered?
- How do you stay current on new technologies and trends in the industry?
- What motivates you to do your work best?
- How do you define information security?
- What are the main components of information security?