24 Common Localization Interview Questions
If you are applying to a localization company, expect to be asked some localization interview questions. Knowing what they will ask you and being prepared can help put you in a better position when applying for your next job.
Here are common Localization interview questions:
- What is your background in localization?
- What is your experience with localization?
- How do you ensure that the content is culturally sensitive?
- What does your workflow look like for translating and localizing documents?
- How do you ensure that your translations are accurate?
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to re-translate something because the first translation was inaccurate? How did that happen, and what did you learn from it?
- What is localization?
- What are the different types of localization?
- What are the main steps of localization?
- What are the key differences between translation and localization?
- How do you determine if a language has per-user or per-system resources?
- Why is it important to have your website translated into other languages?
- What do you think is the most important part of the localization process?
- What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
- Do you have any experience working with tools used in localization?
- Do you have experience working in a global organization?
- What is your experience with managing multiple translation jobs?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in [field]?
- How do you handle conflict between translators?
- How do you manage your time to deliver great quality and meet deadlines?
- What are your thoughts on the importance of accuracy vs. speed in translation?
- Explain what you mean when you say "quality assurance.
- What is the typical career path for someone in this position?
- Why did you choose to work here?