If you’re looking for a job as a product designer, a product designer interview questions are the way you get to know how good you really are.
What will be tested in an interview is not solely your ability to understand design, but also your ability to work in teams and have your voice heard in a group.
Here are some of the common Interview Questions:
- What is product design?
- What is your design process?
- What are the most important aspects of a good design?
- What is the role of a product designer?
- What kinds of skills are required to be a product designer?
- What are some examples of products that you have designed in the past?
- What is the most important part of your job?
- What are the most important skills a product designer should have?
- How do you handle a situation when you think your boss is wrong?
- What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced in your career so far?
- What's your favorite project that you've worked on and why?
- What types of research do you do before starting work on a new project?
- How do you define creativity?
- What are your greatest professional accomplishments?
- Tell us about a time you had to make a tough decision and how you handled it.
- How do you go about prioritizing tasks?
- What is the most important thing you have learned since joining this company/team?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- How would your previous manager describe your work ethic?
- How do you stay motivated on projects with long timelines, or when things aren't going according to plan?
- What are some qualities of a good product designer?
- What are some qualities of a bad product designer?
- How do you know whether or not a design is successful?
- Do you have any tips for breaking into the industry?
- What kind of things do you like to do outside of work?
- Who has inspired you in your career and why?
- How can someone improve their skills as a product designer?